Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Homeless man wisdom

When I was walking today and i passed a homeless man on a park bench, i smiled and asked how he was doing, with no reply he smiled back offered a note card to me which i took and then he smiled again and i continued on my way.

the note card had a hand written quote which is as follows

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”


- Dalai Lama XIV


I got a knowledge bomb dropped on me by the most unsuspecting person.


I really really like this quote because it is so true and in a way relates to the Paradox of Choice.


This is my break down of the quote in my own words:

If you can fix a problem. then there is not need to worry, it's fixable and you know what to do.
If you know there is nothing you can do about the problem then there still is no need to worry, because it is out of your hands and what's going to happen is going to happen. so don't worry youself about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment